Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Le Disciple Agité

One perceives the world through English eyes.

"trust I seek and I find in you
every day for us something new
open mind for a different view
and nothing else matters.."


Since all else are now globalized, I don't see why i've to remain cooped up in a fading colonial environment. Maybe it's my restless nature that thrusts me to explore new grounds, seek other 'truths' and of course, approach reality through a completely alien perception. So i welcome the wonders of IT, the radicals of art, and the boldness of expats.

I noticed how stubborn we were during our first few meetings in our French class.. how we insisted on looking at things through our brainwashed 'english' brains. It's a tough role for a foreign language teacher to set aside at least 20 years of 'english' training, while building foundations for a new language. There would be times that i'd feel lost and apathetic with the efforts, but eventually, our efforts prevailed.

I wonder how many more people are still surprised with the nature of my beliefs. The triviality of things.. ce qui est essentiel est invisible à l'oeil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home