Monday, September 04, 2006

Prep Program Pep talk

For at least P40k, they help by giving you access to a good body of content, and equip you with the right skills and perspective for being a teacher in America. They do the paperwork and when you've passed the exam, they market you to the schools. I think it's a fair deal for someone as desperate as I am who wants to leave this country to earn dollars.

It's tough to stay focused in the 6-month preparation program coz it also means giving up a lot of things. It's like being in grad school all over again. Here you have no one but yourself to rely on to be able to pass the abcte exam. Although my shift from Elementary to English is pretty late (on the 4th month), I think it's still the right choice for me. I believe I have a better chance with my real life specialization.

In some of my lab sessions, I encountered people who did nothing but complain and doubt on the effectivity of the program. If they're not satisfied, then why proceed with the program? In our PTK sessions, there are those who're waiting to be spoonfed which still surprises me after several sessions about making "paradigm shifts." I guess it's really tough to come out of the Pinoy shell to learn how to be assertive, resourceful and independent.

It's unusual but I really have a good feeling about this whole venture. It maybe something that'll lead me to that which I've been looking for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home