Sunday, March 11, 2007

Leap of Faith


I was once asked "What do you want to do?" I almost blurted "travel, and never go back to the office!" But I had to restrain myself. I was talking to an old colleague who's definitely working big time at a prestigous asian bank. He was prying on my career status I guess coz he even offered his assistance should I consider joining their company. Well, it was professionally unethical for me to give in. Besides, I haven't really thought hard enough on what I would really want to do.

When asked, so what do you do? Uhmm, my guess would be as good as yours. "I don't know!" I mean, ever since I got into this post, the only hands-on work that I get to do is solve problems not only for our client but for the entire team as well so yes, that includes people problems too, lots of it! I do enjoy it sometimes especially since I'm often left to handle it on my own. Sometimes, I even get a kick out of it when they rely on my word. I once told a colleague "how do you teach someone processes, and tricks, when you yourself had no training on how to handle such things?"

I still look forward to the carefree days of being just a plain worker, following orders, and never having to take matters seriously outside the 8-5 window. Those were the days.

All it takes is a leap of faith and God knows where I'll be had I not taken the chance. Regrets? Nah! It still adds up to the spice of life. And yet, I'm still not satisfied.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home