Thursday, June 26, 2014

So Many Questions

I'm still trying to get used to the idea of being on my own. I'm not exactly alone right now coz I have my husband and kids with me but that's pretty much it. We're migrants and I still don't have a support system which really sucks. I think I'm trying hard a bit sometimes to try making friends with colleagues, or with the friends of friends, or even folks that my relatives would refer to me. Does it hurt to do that? I'm still cautious of course as these are complete strangers but hey, who knows if I might actually meet some great people.

I'm stuck. I'm often demoralized at work but I need to be practical in putting my family first and myself last coz there really is no other choice. I don't want to put everything at risk just because of me. I still want to give the best that I can to my kids so they grow up happy and be better than me.

So what if I switch my career. Do I need to consider timing? How long do I need to wait and how would I know if it is the right opportunity for me. Yes, I will scour through the online world again and figure out if I can actually find something that i like. I need to get my confidence back. I'm not growing here and it feels like they're just sucking the life out of me.

Just what exactly is that Kiwi lifestyle? The perks, an 8-5 job, and parks/ beaches on the weekend. My work is still crazy but the people do not work themselves to death. It is family oriented here and I like that the most. Do I need to care about climbing the corporate ladder? I never really made efforts on that. It usually just happens.

Won't it be nice to be able to chat with someone who can advise you about career moves and just about anything else about life. Someone's who's been in my shoes. Someone like my Mom I guess. Can't wait to have her here soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home