Friday, January 20, 2012

Blogging Again after 2 Years

Thanks to the simplified password recovery system of Google, i finally retrieved by Gmail account!

It's been two years since my last post and whew! There's been so much excitement, lots of ups, a couple of downs but overall it's been a wonderful two years for me. Now that I'm a mom of two, my world's pretty much revolved around my family: playtime, bed time, feeding time, an adventure trip to Batanes with hubby, planned mall visits with my little tots, shopping for toys, baby clothes, one or two toy cameras, family gatherings, LSS on Barney songs, arms and back aching after carrying my little ones, pizza time, happy food time, etc. Yes, all the motherhood and wifey stuff, on top of my very demanding role at work, in a very high-paced and dynamic organization. It's not easy. So how do I do it?

There's a TV commercial that's been released a few weeks ago for a soda company. It featured a 100 year old lolo, welcoming his new apo into the world while giving a very simple advise "Gawin mo kung ano man ang ikaliligaya mo." Do whatever it is that will make you happy. He advises on not wasting time on things that are not makabuluhan. And to keep ones' friends and not shy away from them over time.

With my current state, i am often at a cross between exerting time for work and time for family. I have even decided to put my social life on hold, until maybe when my daughter is at least 1 year old. Since going to work is an accepted routine, I do my best to be in and out of the house at pretty much the same time. If back then, it's easy to allow oneself to get carried away with the never-ending tasks in the office, now I am very conscious with the clock. I often ask myself, is it worth it?

This made me realize that my work, though it is an opportune career move, is probably not the best thing for me while our kids are still young. I would have to seek work that will allow me less stress and time in the office so I can have more time and energy at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home