Thursday, February 19, 2015

Public Forums: A Learning Experience

I struck a chord when i used the word "short-changed" for lack of a better choice, coz what i really meant was that i felt like we have lost the progress made from the previous school and now, in a new school where we are paying more, that progress seems to be overlooked. One response did answer my questions but also triggered something else. The message came across to me as me being ungrateful for being here. And it did take me a while to process how they all got mixed up with the original intent of the question that I've posted.

Note to self: Be careful with the choice of words in public forums. Best to look dumb, or simple. Avoid sharing how you feel on the situation and just focus on the question that you want to ask. Adding any context into it will put you at risk as readers come from various backgrounds and who knows how they'd interpret it.

It was a learning experience and I did get more from the post than what I have hoped. I think that is enough for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home