Saturday, October 03, 2009

Goin 360

Shifting into motherhood took a 360 turn in my life. I knew I had it coming but I never thought it's going to be like this. Books and heaps of advise is never enough to prepare you to this new role.

It's an immense responsibility to provide much care to such a helpless little being. At this point, it is easier to forget one's self just to satisfy or nurture the mini-you. I have learned to detach myself from work, even to the demands of my social circle, as I chose to prioritize my baby's needs.

Since Max came, our world became focused on him. I thought I'd forget myself in the process but as the weeks passed, I've realized that I have added a new facet in my persona. From daughter, to sister, friend, wife, in-law and now, a mom, I have been fortunate to get full support in my circles.

My son is turning 4 months in a few days. And, as I continuously enjoy his daily little milestones, I find more reasons to smile as I tell myself "I'm so glad to be his Mom." I hope that he grows up as a happy person, sending smiles to people's hearts. I love you Max!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home