Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Money Talk

Economic slowdown, recessions, I’ve had just about enough of all these news on the slump that business people are saying. It seems that the more positive aspects like the resiliency of the Pinoy market, our recent wins in robotics and the arts just didn’t make it worthy for the headlines. Despite all the negative news, I noticed that people I know are still going about their bit as if nothing’s changed. Spending habits for some may have eased a bit, but for many, especially the younglings, splurging their bonuses on holiday purchases still seemed ok.

“Many people have been brainwashed to think that millionaires have to wear Gucci, Hugo Boss, Rolex, and sit on first class in air travel. This is why so many people never become rich because
the moment that earn more money, they think that it is only natural that they spend more, putting them back to square one.”

I agree with guy who wrote the quotation. What really matters is that you enjoy what you do and that money just happened to be a by product of it. I noticed now that I can still enjoy a great meal, scenic views, and a leisurely time in Manila’s posh CBD without straining my wallet. I save more now and have learned much in being frugal. Maybe marriage changed my perspective, and being pregnant transformed me even more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home