Monday, September 24, 2007

Man Invents His Needs


Part of our conversation over at the dinner table was about man creating or inventing his own needs. This pretty much applies to shopaholics i suppose. I do find the urge to buy something first for every trip that i go to. I guess it's just a matter of having been deprived of time to shop, which makes me stop myself from going to the mall.
As it often turns out, i'm usually in excess of 1 item. Meaning, that there is usually one item, usually those newly bought, that finds itself not useful for the trip at all.
I do try to stop hold onto those urges. I have proven that I can always settle for what's already available. I've better control now, unlike before. mMaybe it's coz i've already been to so may trips and have anticipated a lot prior to every journey.
Speaking of, on our journey through life, we really should take only what we can't live without. Otherwise, those that are truly precious will only get mixed up with the non-essential things and if we don't figure out what we really need soon, the precious ones might just disappear in the clutter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home