Thursday, April 24, 2008

El Pueblo

(I can never forget that evening.. the rain, the big red umbrella, the flowers, and you smiling the entire time.)

It was getting late and the mall's closing. We're both so tired and hungry that we decided to give ourselves a treat. We went in at Racks and ordered some ribs. I got too caught up with the stress caused by my wedding dress. I almost forgot that I was wearing full make up and that my hair was set. You tried to console me. You were cheerful still and how you loved the way I was made up. So many things was going through my head like the interview, the payments, how to fix my dress, and the very intriguing seminar that my friend recommended.

Just to get the ball rolling, I told you about the seminar. You didn't find it necessary for now. I must've sounded like I was having cold feet. I simply thought that we'd learn a lot about ourselves and of marriage when we attend it. You asked me what would happen if either of us would back out. You're quite firm when you said that you'd convince me still. I was elated! I, of course, just ended up crying coz that would've only meant the end of the world for me. At least you get to be logical while I ended up being emotional. I felt like a sissy.

I don't recall how the rest of the conversation went that night. All I know is that there I was falling again, swooning, feeling so captivated by you. I don't know what spell it is that you made but it felt stronger by the day. Maybe our relationship is getting stronger. Like you, I too believe that we're gonna have a good life together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home