Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sometimes off the rack is better

It's nice to look at wedding magazines to see all these beautiful models show off the designer gowns. But with the recent mess that my dressmaker did, I realized that sometimes, off the rack is still better.

What went wrong with the clothes for the entourage is the cloth used. I should've asked them to roll out the material so i can see how it'll fall to the body. It should've been thicker, so the beads won't be necessary. (I'm not a fan of beadwork!)

In my wedding dress, the execution was wrong. I saw a similarly designed dress at the mall and it fit me perfectly. This one was just one big nightmare.. too much volume, wrong measurements and the dress made me look not just awkwardly proportioned, but pregnant!

I scrutinized every potential wedding gown in three huge malls here in Manila. I found one, an evening gown although it was in black. I got in touch with the designer and was glad that they could make one for me in a span of 5 days. Now that's a big relief!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home