Friday, January 25, 2008

Summer Wedding Checklist

The thing about countdowns is that it gets more exciting as you get near the hour. Well, we have more than three months to go before the big day. Except for my wedding gown, and that of the entourage's, i think we're still on track schedule-wise. I never thought that the engagement would eat up some time, apart from the actual wedding preparations. Here they are in chronological order.
  1. The church - We've been contemplating on marriage last August so I brought him to Paco Park. I've always loved that place. I'm glad that he liked it too. We made a few trips there to take photos. We made a reservation last November. We chose our anniversary date, which happens to fall on a weekday.
  2. The reception - We considered setting up the reception at the park. We had a hard time finding a caterer that fits within our budget. Thank God for Google as we finally found the perfect place, Ibarra's Garden. We made our reservation just after New Year's Eve.
  3. The entourage - We got our names finalized after the pamanhikan. Our parents sure has a way of telling us how to do things.
  4. The photographer - This is a tough one, but i'm quite confident that Jon Mallari would be perfect for us.
  5. The rings - Surprisingly, it didn't take that much fuss on deciding what our wedding ring would be. We ordered from the same shop where he bought my engagement ring.
  6. The giveaways - Not that we bought them already but we at least decided on what to give our guests. We've two options on where to shop for these but we'll first check out the nursery at QC. Those plants should be just perfect.
  7. The theme and stylist - It would have taken longer to finally decide on the theme. It's always good to have a third person whom you trust for his artistic sense and creativity. We finalized the color and theme just last weekend. Thank you Metro for helping me visualize green and lavender. And with the help of Miong, we're able to gang up on my beau to at least get some professional assistance from one of their friends (free of charge) to style the wedding.
  8. The videographer - Anna's on top of my list. I called last Sunday and it's a deal!
  9. The honeymoon - We've always wanted to go to the beach. As we're both backpackers, it was easy for us to decide on where and when to have our honeymoon. I booked our flights already and made reservations on one of the resorts in El Nido. I even had the IT straightened out. We're having two trips, the third one, which is in Beijing, would have to pass for next year when it's spring.
  10. The hotel - I'm just waiting until next week, or maybe after Feb 12 (that's the cut-off date for my credit card) to book. I think it's too early and besides, the rates would be different in May. But we already have two options in mind.
  11. The lechon - Cebu's lechon is the best! So I've already called and inquired. We an order two days before so there's no rush.
  12. The invitation - Well, this has been going on since December. My beau insists that we design it ourselves. He was able to have a chat with Printrade and we have until next week to finalize the design. These will be printed on February and will be released on March.
  13. The guest list - We started working on the list last November and finalized everything last night. It's good that my Mom asked me to bring it this weekend, otherwise, I wouldn't have really finished it.
  14. The wedding gown - Magazines are helpful as I was able to pick a dress from its pages last December. It's just a matter of deciding how to dress up the rest of the entourage. My dressmaker is definitely going to be Judith Yu. I found this really nice cut worn by some lady at the mall earlier, during lunch out. Lightbulb on!
  15. Our Playlist - There isn't going to be a live string quartet playing for us, not even an acoustic band. We've decided to just organize our own playlist burned in a CD for the technician to just pop in. I'd still have my lovely friend Weng to sing for us of course.
  16. Our church choir - Sto. Domingo's Barkadahan, c/o my sister, will be singing those curch songs for us. Nothing fancy, just some church classics to keep the ceremony solemn.
  17. The program - Ibarra's provided us with a program guide. I'll just have to sit this out with Aryx to see how else we can spice up the reception.
  18. Place to stay - Yep, this is a post-wedding thing but we intend to start moving in before the wedding. So we both need to do some serious digging of places for rent until April.

Maybe, just maybe, when I feel like it, I'll do my own reviews of my wedding and our suppliers. But for the meantime, i'm keeping my hopes up as i'm sure that our wedding's going to be just perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home