Friday, January 25, 2008

A Bloody Goth Musical

A singing Johnny Depp.. now that caught my attention, plus the fact that it was by Tim Burton. So there I went with my beau and friends for a supposedly relaxing evening at the movies. Everything went well just before Sweeny Todd, but as soon as he started to use that silver blade.. oh man! It was blood all over the place! It was gory, well, it was in-your-face gory!! It was terrible!

I was so relieved by the time the movie ended. I can't believe my friends enjoyed it! Maybe, as JoQ said, I would have appreciated it more if I've been warned. I agree coz then, I wouldn't be as shocked as I've been.

But i liked the part when they were picnicing by the beach.. err, park.. the whole shifting of colors, the lovely tree, the changing of scenes.. even the acting.. i really like Johnny Depp!

So was it worth it.. well, Johnny Depp's there, and Tim Burton did a splendid interpretation of the musical. I just didn't like the singing and the fountains of blood part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home