Monday, July 07, 2008

Electric Sparks

I was awaken last night by the sound and spark of electricity by our bedroom window. It was too close and it got me worried. Several electric sparks fired outside almost simultaneously. I tried to see if there was smoke nearby. I thought it may have come from our apartment. I listened as the gate downstairs started banging shut. People were awoken by the sparks and then I heard a siren. It was the local police. Somebody shut the power off and knowing that its being attended to, my own fatigued body lulled me back to sleep. I woke up with the fan turned on as if nothing happened the night before. When I read the news, a huge fire blazed over the shanties in nearby Viejo. I felt the tension of the fire even though I was a few barangays away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home