Thursday, July 14, 2016

Morning Pages in July

30 June 2016 – Radio Traffic
Throw in a new radio so the car won't be as boring for the occupants. I just realised how lonely it can get when you're stuck in traffic, and not sure what time you'll reach home. For such a short distance, I do feel the symptoms of Manila's traffic here in Auckland.

01 July 2016 – Trolling Along Park Road
Biting cold’s giving me a headache
As I walk along Park Road
Mechanisms wheeled through
I see the road where I have gone before
Looking at myself inside out
Not much have changed yet I have changed so much
I am now an everyday JAFA
Slightly better off than some
Definitely no longer fresh off the boat

11 July 2016 – A Screaming Oven
 Cheerios! Cheerios! Yelled the big hot oven as the cheerios were ready.
Wouldn’t it be nice to hear what’s cooking in the oven instead of the timer going RRRRRRiiiiinnngggg! It gets me all rustled up as I finish a nice cup of tea.
Rosalin agreed that the oven was saying Baaaked Fiiiisssh so she did not bother asking Mum what’s for dinner.

12 July 2016 – Peanut Butter Morning
 It’s a mad rush. Quarter to eight and the kids are finally awake.
Come here and I’ll give you a wash. No, it can’t wait for after breakfast.
Go put on your clothes. Here’s a slice of bread, with a spread of peanut butter on.
Oh no, it’s quarter past eight!
Hop in the car, no time to brush.
5 minutes and drop off for the boy is done.
Should I wait?
Nah, I might as well be late.
A quick drive to day care and drop off is done.
I sat in the car, and dialed to the conference.
Seven minutes through, I didn’t miss that much.
Glad to have made it and for my voice to be heard.

At quarter past 9, I am in the office and my day has already began.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home