Tuesday, July 13, 2004

At ToyKingdom

I was in SM Lucena last Saturday with my ten year old niece. We were at ToyKingdom, going through every interesting item that they had on the shelves. She showed me the toys that she like while I get to point out some of the toys that my officemates collect and display in the office. Then I saw rocket launchers that were exactly like the ones that we had in the office.

The rocket itself is made of foam and is lunched by air that is generated by a simple movement of the plastic stick. I went in full detail as to how it works and how much fun we had in the office as we aimed and fired the rocket. She was probably so taken in by my enthusiasm that she ended up pleading for me to buy it for her.

I explained the impracticality of the purchase. I reminded her that she can't have objects flying around inside the house. She said that she'll be playing with it only in school. They're allowed to bring one toy every Friday in school. (Kids..they sure can reason well!)

Well, I really didn't plan to buy anything there since we were just there to meet my sister. Of course that caused her a bit of frustration. The next day though, I ended up buying her a Disney video, 'Lilo and Stitch', just to make up for the rocketlauncher.

1 Comments:

At 7:17 PM , Blogger Cecil said...

ayan! kasi! minarket mo pa kasi yung rocketlauncher.

tut-tut. i think she will forever remember her tita who led her on! hehehe :)

kidding!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home