Monday, July 19, 2004

Watch the World Spin

"And you've been so busy lately
That you haven't found the time
To open up your mind
and watch the world spinning
gently out of time
Tell me I'm not dreaming
We're running out of time" 
(Artist:Blur)
 
I've been playing this over and over at work and sometimes, I can't help but ponder on the reality behind the lyrics. 
 
What I like about our office is that we have floor to ceiling windows throughout the entire floor. We got a good view of Buendia, SLEX as well as the bay area. I can even see the PLDT tower from here.
 
Anyway, it's quite often that I catch my officemates staring out by the window. Sometimes I wonder what goes on inside people's heads when they're doing that. When I'm the one looking yonder, I'd often think back on the times when I watched the world spin... through the 360 degree view on top of Pico de Loro, the neverending tides of Mindoro, the approaching storm at Zambales, the rising of the great big moon in Batangas, the mysterious air in Banahaw, the wonderful shades of trees in my numerous trekking exploits, an so on and so forth.
 
Maybe I did have the chance to watch the world spin. Although I must admit, those four years at Jewelmer passed by like a breeze. I don't even know how I managed to survive and surpass those years.
 
They say that I'm just using the job that I have right now as a breather. Maybe, maybe not but when Jas laid this out to me explicitly, it absolutely made sense.
 
I've seen plenty of rifts after college. Friendships were put to test, families grew, morality questioned, tragedy struck me quite a few times and yet, I'm still here welcoming each new day. 
 
I used to have so many questions and craved for all the answers. My quest for knowledge although diluted is still quite insatiable.

"Tell me I'm not dreaming. We're running out of time." There is so much to see, so much to explore, be it mundane or esoteric. To live fully and well.. blame me not for the diversity of my interests and the multitude of my thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home