Sunday, October 14, 2007

Rides

I've been going around the metro for the past few days. I'm glad of the holiday. I had some time off from my usual routine. Morning spent with a soon-to-be married couple got me thinking.

I saw the makings of my sisters just before their wedding. Their lives seemed to be pretty much ironed out. I still can't help but think that mine would always be different. I can't seem to anticipate my future and I can't help but surprise even myself every time. How will my life be if I'd keep jumping into things that are usually outside the norm.

I wonder if i'll ever get tired of adventures? I took a long bus ride from the south with my friend's retired aunt. She seems to typify those office drones who held on to their jobs up to their retiring age of 65. Why would I want to keep working until 65? She seems to have missed a lot of things that she could only dream of.. or rather, talk about. I still can't understand why people restrain themselves from doing what they really want and not feel guilty about it. What's life for anyway?

I took a short ride to the Fort for my nephew's birthday. The driver and I both agreed how difficult it was to find what I'm looking for in that newly developed place. I still can't picture how that place was like before all these high street development came about.

I rode the MRT yesterday. We were at the men's car since my sister insisted that it won't be as full. She didn't like the idea of taking the train on separate cars with my nephews. It seemed like a long ride from Makati to QC. Nobody was talking and my nephews were not even near us. So I really would've preferred staying in the women's car were at least, it doesn't stink as much.

I had a different view of the city. I walked along its dark streets and eventless grounds. I keep asking, how long can i bear spending another day here amidst the hustle and bustle of Manila life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home