Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Hubby's Birthday

August 12, 2008: At five in the morning, I woke up with pure excitement. My sweetie's up already and was just waiting for me to open my eyes. His body clock's still in the night shift mode and it was his day(/night) off. He seemed surprised when I greeted him a happy birthday. Then, I jumped out of bed and ran into the living room where I took a small package. It contained some shirts, my first birthday present to him.Despite his protests on celebrating his birthday, I found him surprised and happy with the gift.

I prepared miso ramen for breakfast.. without the miso paste. Robinsons didn't have it and I didn't have time to look for one in Rustans. It tasted like chicken noodle soup with ground pork and we both enjoyed it. A lot more were in store for him as I hurried my day in the office. I was excited coz I knew that my parents were arriving that day. We wanted to show them the apartment. As I had no definite plans, I ended up inviting the rest of the family for dinner at Powerplant. The wedding video was ready as well and call it perfect timing, but Alan was able to swing by Pasong Tamo to pick up the DVDs from Anna. He arrived a few minutes earlier in the apartment where my parents, Joshua and I met him. Dad brought us vegetables from the farm and after a quick look at the place, we were driven to the nearby Powerplant Mall.

It was a Tuesday night and we got ourselves a long table at California Pizza Kitchen. Aryxz was the first to arrive, followed by my siblings one by one. Angie also joined us for dinner. We ordered some salads, a variety of pasta and pizza. My hubby was all smiles as we shared stories of everyday things to one another. My parents were pleased as well since all my siblings were there. My nephew entertained us with his matter-of-fact antics and transformations. Alan got traveller book from couple Beny and Joy. The food was great and the company was even better. People started saying their goodbyes, with my parents travelling back to Sariaya, Ate Joy's family hurrying home coz Joshua had to take a dump, and my younger siblings and nephew hailing a cab for Instruccion.

We moved to a diner afterwards where we met with Bojo. He and Alan had a few drinks. Angie came back for a night cap. We literally closed the shop and parted with smiles as we were dropped off at our street corner. Alan was all smiles that night and I'm really glad that our family and friends were there for him.

Last Monday, August 18 it was his parents' turn to visit us. Alan's Pop celebrated his birthday the Friday before. It was his Mom's way of celebrating both their birthdays. Monday was a holiday and we spent the day cooking and watching videos. I had garlic shrimps prepared earlier that morning. Mama prepared kaldereta for lunch and I matched it with the shrimps. My nephews arrived and helped prepare chili cheese sticks and pancit. Despite the heat, we all had our share of good food and great stories. It was after dinner when they left. My hubby and i were both exhilarated and exhausted as it's been a long day.

1 Comments:

At 9:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sana i see your place soon..

moved out of my old home and into a new once. =)

- cecil =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home