Thursday, July 31, 2008

100 Peso Date

It was the first time that I went out with no cash and credit card. My boyfriend was down to his last hundred pesos and still, he insisted that we go out.

Mode of transport:
Given our budget, we only had two options to get anywhere namely,

1. Ride a jeep
We rode a jeepney the first time. It was hot and dusty and then we got off to a plaza in downtown Manila.

2. Walk
We walked around, a lot! I was surprised that we've practically covered a lot of ground from Intramuros, all the way to Malate.

What to do:
1. Take photos
Armed with our cameras, we took a lot of interesting photos. I've never seen Manila this close. Our photography experiments kept us busy all day!

2. Watch
Instead of paying tickets for a show, we ended up at the bay enjoying the spectacular sunset view. I get to see this often from the office window, but actually watching the colors change? Amazing!

3. Talk
chilling out doesn't have to be expensive like when we hangout at coffee shops, drinking some overpriced coffee. There are benches where the public can seat freely. Just find a clean and shaded spot.

4. Eat
Of course i can never survive a day without food. We sampled some street food. I think he got me a sweet corn and even offered green mango. They're actually some of the healthy options instead of those fried treats on a stick.

5. Drink
We brought a water bottle. Drinks can get expensive on the streets.

By the time he brought me home, he still had at least 20 pesos in his pocket to ferry him home.

Come to think of it, these are pretty much the same stuff that we did during our honeymoon. I was inconsistent with my food choices though as it ranged from really expensive, to budget food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home